Paxful has been around since 2015 and now employs over 200 people with offices based in New York, Hong Kong, Tallinn (Estonia) and Manila. Like Ebay, the platform has two sides to it.
One empowers normal people like you and me to become merchants by creating your own listings and to sell Bitcoin online. The other side enables Bitcoin buyers to choose the offer they are interested in and to buy Bitcoin with over 300 payment methods.
Well, if you have been in crypto for a while, you will know that many exchanges have a huge number of blocked countries and a very limited number of payment options.
Indeed, most crypto exchanges are commonly restricted to payment options like debit card, bank account or wire transfers. That means if you don’t have access to these payment methods or you want to use other payment options, you are going to have a hard time trying to buy Bitcoin.
This is where Paxful comes in by offering some truly crazy options like gift cards for World of Warcraft and Amazon, cash in the mail or even phone top-up cards! Over 100 e-wallets are also supported, including the likes of PayPal and WechatPay.
Buy BTC With PayPal & 300+ Other Methods
300+ plus methods to buy Bitcoin sounds mind-boggling. So, how exactly can you buy Bitcoin on Paxful?
- Bank Transfer: There are five different bank transfer options available.
- Online Wallets: Buy Bitcoin using 137 different online wallets. These includes the likes of Alipay, PayPal, ApplePay, Skrill, Neteller and more.
- Gift Cards: Get your BTC using 117 different gift cards. Trade in those unwanted Christmas giftcards for the real gift of Bitcoin. A massive range of giftcards are supported such as Starbucks, Amazon iTunes, to high street stores like H & M to mobile top up cards.
- Cash Payments: 17 cash payment options are supported by Paxful. This includes Wesern Money Union, MoneyGram or even cash deposits at banks.
- Debit & Credit Cards: Yes, card payments may seem standard. However, twenty different card payment options are supported and this includes American Express. So, if you want to earn AmEx points whilst buying Bitcin, you can do just that.
- Crypto: Buy Bitcoin on Paxful using any of the supported 26 cryptocurrencies.
- Assets: Finally, you can trade assets or goods for Bitcoin. This could be anything from your house to that bar of gold you have hidden down the side of your sofa.
Is Paxful Safe?
Paxful is trusted by over three million users around the globe and has an excellent reputation. However, one of the things to be aware of is that, because Paxful is a marketplace, the Bitcoin seller’s integrity should not be confused with the integrity of Paxful.
How to Setup a Paxful Account?
To get started on Paxful simply:
Click here. You’ll then be taken to Paxful and will then see a ‘create account’ button.
Enter your email and select a password.
You will then be sent a verification email with a link. Just smash that ‘verify email’ button.
you will be taken to your account settings page where you can fill in your account particulars. Note that you’ll have to verify your phone number and identity to trade on Paxful.
Next, click the ‘Verification’ tab and enter your details for your government issued ID.
How To Buy Bitcoin On Paxful?
On the Paxful homepage, select the payment method you want to use and key in the amount you want to spend and be sure to select the currency of your choice. Then just tap that ‘search for offers’ button
You’ll then see all the offers available on the Paxful marketplace which match your search query. Select the seller that you want to buy from by clicking the ‘Buy’ button